Government of India is not a trader. Protesters cannot ask the Govt to supply international raw cashew at a reasonable price. But the Government can fix a limit on the import prices based on quality and filling out-turn.
1) Any kind of statutory price limit on the imports should be aimed at stopping the erosion of country’s Forex reserves.
2) Should save the money and investment of processors, traders and their creditors.
3) Cashew kernel imports will increase after the introduction of duty on raw cashew. Therefore, import tax on kernels should be raised proportionately or at least by 20%.
4) No raw cashew or cashew kernel should be duty free from any country including SAARC nations.
5) Raw cashew import should not be permitted from any country known as a “Tax Haven”
(Please read all three posts related to Alternative to Import Duty)